Gifts for alpha-geeks - Best 10 Tech Gadgets of 2016 - Alpha Male Nation
Technology- we did not think it would start dominating our life so early or that we would become so addicted to it in such a manner. However, it turns out that it does represent a huge part in our life and it does influence the way in which we live it, predominantly influencing our shopping list. What is more, we have become so accustomed to the fact that everything is at our discretion- the news, the updated shopping announcements and newsletters, the hotel reservations, flight details, research about any topic or any field of interest, fashion trends and so on and so forth. The Internet offers us access to a whole new dimension, a whole new world. We can now accomplish essentially anything with a fast Internet speed and with a laptop, smartphone or tablet.
What is more, the ingenious and extremely practical gadgets that came along have helped us tremendously, making our lives significantly better and enabling us to be limitless when it comes to physical activities, scientific discoveries, mastering the art of multitasking and seizing the day. Who can actually remember taking hours and hours in the library to obtain a certain detail or piece of information about dinosaurs, for instance? Or English literature? How difficult was it back in the day to find out how many books Freud wrote or when the French revolution started? One needed hours and hours just to skim through books and archives. This was the only way to discover main ideas regarding a specific event, yet the smallest details and inquiries took almost double the time. Thankfully and fortunately enough, things have evolved and we now have everything at our discretion: documentaries, booklets, novels, historical or geographical archives, maps, statistics, political studies, event descriptions and so on and so forth. It is of utmost importance to keep in mind that we can get instant access to whatever we want. Information is at the click of a mouse (or touchpad) away.
And let’s just talk about how easy our life has gotten with the help of ingenious inventions, including microwaves, tablets, dishwashers, blenders, coffee machines and so on and so forth. All these make us mini Supermen and Wonder women, as we have the chance to multitask, to be able to get out the door and be fierce and fast, doing a ton of things at once and becoming sort of limitless. A day cannot go by without using our smartphones, our watches, our scanners, fax machines, toasters, microwaves, blenders, coffee machines, laptops, printers, cameras, recorders, MP3s, iPods and headsets. All these become our super powers, without which our life cannot be complete.
Nowadays, it is true to state that we are officially addicted to all the cool devices, the Internet connectivity, the joy and excitement of new and noteworthy smartphones, play stations, headphones, electronic watches, straighteners, rechargers and so on and so forth.
2015 was without a shade of doubt a great year for technology, geeks and people who love gadgets getting the chance to see the most amazing and over the top devices or pieces of equipment that only seem possible to exist in futuristic movies or TV shows. However, much like the appearance of a highly anticipated car or blockbuster, trendy gadgets have grabbed all media attention last year. Take, for instance, the release of Samsung Galaxy S6 (a modern, yet classy phone which connects to the Internet as easy as one, two, three, featuring 3GB RAM Octa-core Samsung Exynos processor, an excellent display and sleek new lines), the OnePlus X (a one of a kind phone which explores contrasts and harmony with a touch of modern vibe; it rocks a 13 MP camera and is said to be the best budget phone of last year), the Apple Watch (a unique gadget which incorporates sports tracking with health activities and tests), the Dell XPS 13 laptop (with blazing performance and over the top cool features, as well as surprisingly shoestring price), the Apple MacBook Pro 13 with Retina (a sleek and modern masterpiece which is now youngsters and geeks’ top favorite thanks to its amazing display resolution, having double the number of pixels than a TV, more RAM, additional storage and other neat features), the Nexus 9 tablet (with amazing features and intense sound, almost unreal for a device so small), the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet (which, packed with useful features, is a true delight for all users, both for those who use it to capture unique moments in life, as well as those who need it to take notes during business meetings or playing 3D games on their way home from the office).
Yes, 2015 amazed us with amazing, trendy, as well as affordable gadgets that we loved to purchase and try. Things do not seem to change, however, as 2016 is going to be ever so eventful (in terms of product launches and testing episodes), exciting, as well as dynamic. What are we all in stored for? Well… let’s say that this new year comes with bigger, better, more efficient devices anyone will surely love, especially tech enthusiasts. 2016 is the year of modern technology blended with affordability, sleek design lines and unanticipated cool features. Take, for instance, the release of the first foldable TV screen courtesy of LG. This one of a kind piece has been announced during the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show, an event dedicated to business and IT specialists, geeks and innovators. The TV presented at this show’s convention can be wrapped and folded, much like a newspaper or magazine. This is thanks to its dead pixels and flexibility. The producers of this tech gadget state that they wish to expand the prototype, making it slightly larger and with a higher image quality. You ought to keep in mind that the screen quality is estimated to be up to five times better than any TV on the market right now.
Besides buying cool new gadgets for yourself, you should also take into consideration offering some to your best friends or significant other. If you know a tech enthusiast or a real geek, then you should pounder upon getting him or her a one of a kind and out-of-the-box device that can rock cool features, benefit from sleek design lines and offering 100% positive user friendly experience. Are you sort of in doubt as to what presents are the most appropriate to such people? Do you know nothing about geeks, yet have to take the time to purchase an amazing gadget? We will help you out by listing the top 10 best tech gadgets of 2016 that make the ideal gifts. Without further ado, here they are:
- Eco-friendly phone recharger (American Red Cross FRX3 Hand Crank NOAA AM/FM Weather Alert Radio with Smartphone Charger)
Recharging our device is necessary not only to give it enough power to enable us to use it incessantly, but also to ensure that it does not go out of battery and, in time, degrade. All devices need to cool off for a moment, catch their breath and get all the power they need to function at an optimal level. If you are looking for the best of the best recharger for phones, you should definitely get the American Red Cross FRX3 Hand Crank recharger. This cool gadget is surely going to make the perfect gift not only for tech enthusiasts, but also for those who are concerned about the environment. Being a Hand Turbine type of Smartphone Charger, this remote device which can recharge your phone’s battery is excellent given the fact that it charges your phone via USB, possesses many cool power options, receives weather band alerts and is small enough to carry it in your backpack or purse. This smartphone recharger is fantastic and quirky, as it rocks a fine LED flashlight, just in case you travel far, far away from home and your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere. It will enable you to have light at all times and see your whereabouts, as well as get weather reports and other signals. Pretty clever, isn’t it? Working on AAA batteries and being priced at about $50, this recharger is among the favorite devices chosen by geeks and tech enthusiasts.
- Second-generation of the Apple Watch
Want a cool device to offer to your friend? If so, you cannot go wrong with the fabulous Apple Watch 2. Why? The reason is due to the fact that this ingenious and a bit pricy gadget is without a shade of doubt an ultra-performing watch courtesy of Apple that does not only tell the time, but also measures your heart rate, features a great Accelerometer, gyro, a super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen of 16 million colors which shows a vast array of features.
Being the first personal object ever made by Apple (as it can actually be worn as an accessory), the Apple watch is without a doubt a whimsical and stylish device that can help you stand out and take care of your health. What is more, you need to keep in mind that the Apple watch is also rumored to work with multi-function bands and to feature a cool set of magnets that can enable the wristband to stay together. Furthermore, the new tier is said to have resistant and appealing materials, including palladium, titanium and even platinum. How cool is that? The new Apple watch will also have an ultra small CPU created especially for wearables. It promises excellent battery life and optimal functioning. What else ought to be said regarding this product is that it is set to launch either in June 2016 or in September, together with the release of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
- Another interesting gadget or device that definitely caught our attention is Oculus Rift DK2, a virtual reality kit which definitely seems lost from Star Trek or Star Wars series. Having (3-axis rotational tracking + 3-axis positional tracking, this ingenious virtual reality headset invented by Palmer Luckey and manufactured by Oculus VR is scheduled for release on 28th of March 2016. It is one of the coolest new and noteworthy devices which will be perfect as gift for geeks or gaming enthusiasts. What ought to be said about it is the fact that it connects with the help of a USB stationary IR sensor that can usually be put on your desk. Thus, it will allow you to use the Rift while staying in one position, walking in your house or by simply standing in front of a chair. Going through a few prototype or testing phases, this cool new product is without a shade of doubt one of the first consumer-targeted gaming headset. Tracking user’s movements and gestures, the Rift is able to open the gate to a whole new dimension of entertainment and improved gaming experience. What ought to be noted regarding this gadget is the fact that it uses a low persistence OLED monitor to cut down on judder or blur, these two being the main enemies of simulator devices, leading to serious sickness. Having a surreal motion-to-photon latency for optimization, this cool gadget has creative and absolutely stunning out of the box engine integrations (here including CryEngine, Unreal Engine4, Unity 4). What should also be highlighted is the fact that this cool geeky gadget benefits from a wide field of view and has a resolution of 1080×1200. How great is that? You must know that, if you care so much about a close friend of yours and know that his birthday is coming up, you should definitely purchase this one of a kind gadget, as it makes the ideal present to any tech enthusiast or gaming fan.
- Breaking new ground in today’s highly competitive smartphone market, the forth best tech gadget of 2016 is the Lenovo Tango Project smartphone. Mysterious as it may sound, it is extremely cool and noteworthy. Lenovo, one of the biggest players on the tech market nowadays revealed the fact that it will produce a phone which will cost less than $500 and that will incorporate amazing photography features. The main asset carries the name of Lenovo Tango Project. This entails that the phone will have a depth camera with 3D augmented reality technology. Being made in partnership with Google, this amazing device will be less than 6 inches in size and work on a Qualcomm Snaprdragon processor. It will also have a fisheye lense and an RGB camera. Users can set it up vertically to support rather the portrait type of photography than the landscape mode. Furthermore, it is important to keep in mind that this Project Tango type of device will have advanced type of applications that will enable users to make the most memorable photos and videos. Gathering information much easier than other phones, this Lenovo-Google smartphone will be able to build or screen 3D characters and objects, taking a ‘quarter million’ of 3D measurements per second. Geeks will certainly find it absolutely fascinating. And if you are still not convinced that this is a phenomenal gift and piece of modern technology, you should bear in mind the fact that the phone will come with motion tracking features, physical space observation characteristics and functionalities, GPS, face detection, improved navigation facilities and so on and so forth. It is said to be released by the end of the summer, being extremely affordable and trendy. So, wouldn’t you like to let your friend join the tango?
- The number 5 most amazing tech gadget of 2016 that can make the ideal gift for geeks is Garmin’s Varia Vision! The first Garmin augmented reality display gadget is a smart and incredibly affordable device that is destined to be worn while riding a bike. It alerts you about directions, hazards and traffic, becoming the best gift for people who love modern technology and cycling. You should keep in mind that this biking vision gadget will come out in the first quarter of 2016 and will cost less than $400. Additionally, you should keep in mind that this fantastic gadget protects you while on the road. Being easily attachable to any side of your glasses or shades, this gadget is extremely lightweight, will not interfere with your vision and will not create discomfort or any type of inconvenience. You ought to note the fact that this type of product enables the user to see vital information, including traffic problems, potential hazards in front of him, measure the heart rate, assessing the speed or the power and so on and so forth. It vibrates when you are completing laps, approaching segments or get out of a workout zone. Also, it can receive text messages and even calls. How handy is that? You will gain valuable insight with the help of this remarkable device and you will surely be able to improve your biking experience. Combining all the coolest features, affordability and connecting the world of technology with outdoor activities like cycling, this gadget is without a shade of doubt amazing.
- The next cool gadget for geeks is Nima Sensor! Being developed by 6 Sensor Labs, this cute and discreet device can test food for gluten in less than 2 minutes. Being perfect for tech enthusiasts with diabetes, gluten sensitivity or Celiac disease, but also to those who wish to take good care of their body, this one of a kind food tester is surely going to change your life! Nima won numerous awards, including the $50,000 Hardware Battlefield grand prize and works using antibody-based tests and disposable pods. You need to keep in mind that such a great device with an amazing gluten sense can let the user put a piece of the food he wishes to consume, wait a few seconds and receive the result, either positive or negative. Taking food awareness and nutrition to a whole new level, this out-of-the-box product is compact and aesthetically pleasing, easily placed in a handbag, purse, backpack or even wallet. It is fast and lets you know if there is 20ppm or more of gluten in the meal you wish to consume. No cleaning is necessary, neither refilling. The gadget has one-time-use capsules that are ready to be disposed. It is also connected to other apps and enables you to communicate with others. Talk about a smart and necessary gift!
- #7 on the list is the GoSun stove. Yes, another product related to food, but you will surely love it once you discover its capabilities! This gadget for geeks who adore cooking is a solar powered grill which catches sunlight and heats up any meat up to almost 600 degrees. GoSun is fast, versatile and clever. It cooks food in less than 15-20 minutes and uses solely the sunlight reflected onto the tube. This game-changing solar oven for geeks is practical and fuel free.
- Intel’s PC-on-a-stick– A one of a kind device which can bring a lot of satisfaction to all users, this amazing gadget enables you to get your Windows PC on a stick. This computing device is shaped like a small and elongated USB thumb flash drive that can become your mobile workspace. You have everything you might need with you: Windows 10 functionalities pre-installed, a fully-fledged PC, 2GB of RAM, an additional 32 GB flash storage, Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth and so on and so forth. It is important to keep in mind that you can even add a microSD slot to your device and this small and elegant gadget will only cost you as little as $499.
- Lightest 13-inch laptop- LaVie Z– Lenovo and NEC partnered up to create the most lightweight laptop of our times, the LaVie Z. This is without a shade of doubt a huge rival for the MacBook Air, being actually even lighter than Windows’ product. Having magnesium-lithium chassis and robust performance, this great laptop is surely going to be loved by all geeks. It is plain, yet very powerful, can be flipped and the battery life can match that of heavier and lower powered machines. At 1.87 pounds, the Lenovo 13-inch laptop is easily convertible and has a sleek and fine design.
- Geeks love the Fuel3D Scanify 3D Scanner! This is an ideal gift for all tech enthusiasts, as it brings best in show features, taking 3D scans in milliseconds and rocks photometric imaging. Also, you should note that it has precalibrated stereo cameras and can save your file in three ways: .STL, .OBJ, and .PLY. This 3D scanner is able to capture the image of an object which is not still, such as an animal or a person. It is very similar to a digital camera and can capture color details down to 0.35mm. Any geek will surely want this scanner as a gift! Wouldn’t you?